Trump Doctor: President Was Not Hospitalized for Stroke, Despite Rumors

David Caplan
September 01, 2020 - 12:56 pm
Categories: 

President Donald Trump's physician on Tuesday denied chatter -- spawned out of the upcoming release of a New York Times reporter's book - that the president's November visit to the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in Maryland was because he suffered a stroke.

In the upcoming book by Michael Schmidt, "Donald Trump v. The United States: Inside the Struggle to Stop a President," Schmidt claims Vice President Mike Pence was told to "be on standby to take over the powers of the president temporarily if Trump had to undergo a procedure that would have required him to be anesthetized."

Listen Live Now on FM NewsTalk 97.1

From there, online chatter grew that Trump sought treatment for a stroke.

“President Donald J Trump has asked that I, Dr. Sean Conley, Physician to the President, address the recent public comments regarding his health. I can confirm that President Trump has not experienced nor been evaluated for a cerebrovascular accident (stroke), transient ischemic attack (mini stroke), or any acute cardiovascular emergencies, as have been incorrectly reported in the media," Conley said in a statement released by the White House.

“The President remains healthy and I have no concerns about his ability to maintain the rigorous schedule ahead of him. As stated in my last report, I expect him to remain fit to execute the duties of the Presidency.”

Conley continued, "The President remains healthy and I have no concerns about his ability to maintain the rigorous schedule ahead of him. As stated in my last report, I expect him to remain fit to execute the duties of the Presidency."

Earlier in the day, Trump tweeted his own denial, suggesting that perhaps it was Joe Biden who has sought medical attention for a stroke.

"It never ends! Now they are trying to say that your favorite President, me, went to Walter Reed Medical Center, having suffered a series of mini-strokes," Trump wrote. "Never happened to THIS candidate - FAKE NEWS. Perhaps they are referring to another candidate from another Party!"

LISTEN NOW on the RADIO.COM App
Follow RADIO.COM
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram